As difficult as this is to contemplate, it is clear that each of these steps has already been initiated in America. These 14 points were written by Dr.Laurence Britt, a political scientist. He studied the fascist regimes of Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, Suharto, and Pinochet.
1.Powerful and continuing expressions of nationalism. From prominent displays of flags to lapel pins and bikinis, the fervor to show patriotic nationalism is obvious. Catchy slogans, pride in the military, demands for unity are common themes of nationalism. This is coupled with a suspicion of foreign things that border on xenophobia.
2. Disdain for the importance of human rights. The regime views human rights as of little value and a hindrance to realize the objectives of the ruling elite. Through propaganda, people are brought to accept these human rights abuses by marginalizing, even demonizing those targeted. When abuse is egregious, the tactic is secrecy, denial, and disinformation.
*Fascism is not defined by the number of its victims but by the way it kills them.~ J.P. Sartre
Latest images from Abu Ghraib
Iraqis say Brutality of US Regime is worse than Saddam Hussein
Depleted Uranium Weapons ~ an investigation. Iraqis and American troops.
3. Identification of enemies/scapegoats as a unifying cause. Scapegoating is encouraged as a means to divert the peoples’ attention from other problems and to channel frustration in controlled directions. Propaganda and disinformation are highly effective. Since it is no longer acceptable to smear Jews or Blacks in political discourse, the right has turned to Muslims. Smears against Muslims are believable because of 911.
*The American fascist would prefer not to use violence. His method is to poison the channels of public information. ~ Henry A. Wallace
Scapegoating is rolling back the gains of anti-racism. Anti-terror stunts and propaganda are demonizing Muslims and making Islamophobia the acceptable face of racism.
4. The supremacy of the military/avid militarism. Ruling elites always identify closely with the military and the industrial infrastructure that supports it. A disproportionate share of national resources is allocated to the military even when domestic needs are acute. The military is made an expression of nationalism and used whenever possible to assert national goals, intimidate other nations, and increase the power and prestige of the ruling elite.
Ongoing cost of the war in $$ and bodies
Military Spending in Oreo Cookies. Brilliant video.
5. Rampant sexism. Beyond the simple fact that the political elite and national culture are male dominated, these regimes consider women second class citizens. They are adamantly anti-abortion and homophobic.
6. A controlled mass media. Mass media under strict control will never stray from the party line. The leaders of the mass media are politically compatible with the power elite. The result is success in keeping the general public unaware of the regimes’ excesses.
*The American fascists are most easily recognized by their deliberate perversion of truth and fact. Their newspapers and propaganda carefully cultivate every fissure of disunity, every crack in the common front against fascism. ~ Henry A Wallace.
*I know the secret of making the average American believe anything I want him to. Just let me control television. You put something on television and it becomes reality. If the world outside the TV set contradicts the images, people start trying to change the world to make it fit the TV images. ~ Hal Becker, Federal Media Expert
*With a fascist the problem is never how to best present the truth to the public but how to best use the news to deceive the public into giving the fascist and his group more money or more power. ~ Henry A. Wallace
Mass Mind Control through Network Television. Are Your Thoughts Your Own?
7. Obsession with national security. The national security apparatus is under direct control of the ruling elite. It is an instrument of oppression and modified behavioural control and operates in secret, beyond constraints. Its actions are justified under the rubic of homeland security and questioning its activities is portrayed as treasonous.
*Terrorism is the best political weapon for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death. ~ Adolf Hitler
*A new fascism promises security from the terror of crime. All that is required is that we take away the criminals’ rights which are, of course, our own. Out of our desperation and fear we begin to feel a sense of security from a new totalitarian state. – Gerry Spence
*I’m afraid, based on my own experience, fascism will come to America in the name of national security. ~ Jim Garrison
Fake Terror ~ The Road to War and Dictatorship from Ancient Rome to 911
Homeland Security ~ the end of civil liberties
8. Religion and ruling elite tied together. Fascist regimes attach themselves to the predominant religion of the country and portray themselves as militant defenders of that religion. The fact that the ruling elite’s behavior is incompatible with the precepts of the religion is swept under the rug. Propaganda keeps up the illusion that the ruling elite are defenders of the faith and opponents of the godless. A perception created is that opposing the power elite is an attack on religion.
The Rise of Christian Fascism and Its Threat to American Democracy
Birth of the Christian Soldier
9. The power of corporations protected. Although the personal life of ordinary citizens is under strict control, large corporation operate in relative freedom. The elite see corporate structure as a way to not only ensure military production, but also as a means of social control. Members of the economic elite are pampered by the political elite to ensure a continued mutuality of interests, especially in the repression of “have not” citizens.
*Their final objective toward which all their deceit is directed is to capture political power so that using the power of the state and the power of the market simultaneously, they may keep the common man in eternal subjection. – Henry A. Wallace
Halliburton Takes the Money and Runs ~ To Dubai
10. Power of labour suppressed or eliminated. Since organized labour is seen as the one power centre that could challenge the political hegemony of the ruling elite and its corporate allies, it is inevitably crushed or made powerless. The poor form an underclass, viewed with suspicion or contempt. Under some regimes being poor is considered a vice.
Hoyer Calls Republican Union Bashing “Shameful”
The Hidden Holocaust, USA
11. Disdain and suppression of intellectuals and the arts. Intellectuals and the freedom of ideas and expression associated with them are anathema to Fascism. Such academic freedom is considered subversive to national security and the patriotic ideal. Universities are tightly controlled; politically unreliable faculty harassed or eliminated. Unorthodox ideas of expressions of dissent are strongly attacked, silenced, or crushed. To these regimes, art and literature should serve the national interest or they have no right to exist.
*That which the Fascists hate above all else is intelligence. ~ Miguel De Unamuno
*There can be no real question that the Age of Enlightenment promoted the cause of freedom, more widely, directly, positively, than any age before it. It not only asserted but demonstrated the power of knowledge and reason in self-determination, the choice and realization of human purpose. For the first time in history it carried out a concerted attack on the vested interests that opposed the diffusion of knowledge and the free exercise of reason. ~ Herbert J. Muller
The Destruction of American Education and What We Must Do About It
12. Obsession with crime and punishment. Fascist regimes maintain Draconian systems of criminal justice with huge prison populations. The police are glorified and have almost carte blanche leading to rampant abuse. The lucky “normal” and political crimes are often merged into trumped up criminal charges and used against political opponents of the regime. Others die in mysterious plane crashes. Fear and hatred of criminals is promoted among the population as an excuse for more police power.
13. Rampant cronyism and corruption. Those in business circles and close to the power elite use their position to enrich themselves. This corruption works both ways. The power elite receive financial gifts and property from the economic elite who, in turn, gain the benefit of government favouritism. The power elite can obtain vast wealth from other sources as well: for example, by stealing national resources. With the national security apparatus under control and the media muzzled, this corruption is largely unconstrained and barely understood by the general population.
*We enter parliament in order to supply ourselves, in the arsenal of democracy, with its own weapons. If democracy is so stupid as to give us free tickets and salaries for this work, that is its affair. We do not come as friends or even as neutrals. We come as enemies. As the wolf bursts into the flock, so we come. – Paul Joseph Goebbels
The War Profiteers
Making Money on Terrorism
14. Fraudulent elections. Elections in the form of plebiscites or public opinion polls are usually bogus. When actual elections with candidates are held, they are perverted by the power elite to get the desired result. Common methods include maintaining control of the election machinery, intimidating and disenfranchising opposition voters, destroying or disallowing legal votes, and, as a last resort, turning to a judiciary beholden to the power elite.
The Illuminati Staged US Presidential Elections
The Stolen Election of 2004
How the Bush Stole Florida a la Dr.Suess
Rigged USA Elections Exposed
*Fascism is capitalism plus murder. ~ Upton Sinclair
*Fascism is capitalism in decay. ~ Vladimir Lenin
*And the danger of becoming a thoughtless machine is that you may become mindless and turn to fascism or whatever. ~ Gerald Scarfe
*No government fights fascism to destroy it. When the bourgeoisie sees that power is slipping out of its hands, it brings up fascism to hold onto their privileges. ~ Buenaventura Durruti
*Fascism will come at the hands of perfectly authentic Americans. ~ John.T.Flynn
*Fascism, the more it considers and observes the future and the development of humanity, quite apart from political considerations of the moment, believes neither in the possibility nor the utility of perpetual peace. ~ Mussolini
*Fascism: The conservative notion that killing people makes them work harder.