Tuesday 18 September 2007

SANDRA'S GARDEN IN AUGUST

On a hot Sunday afternoon in August,
I visited my sister-in-law's beautiful garden.
I hope you enjoy my attempts to capture the beauty surrounding me
~ as well as
the Sufi quotes I have added.


Don't grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.

The universe and the light of the stars come through me.


Everyone has been made for some particular work,
and the desire for that work has been put in every heart.


It may be that the satisfaction I need depends on my going away,
so that when I've gone and come back, I'll find it at home.


Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.


If the foot of the trees were not tied to earth,
they would be pursuing me..
For I have blossomed so much, I am the envy of the gardens.

Something opens our wings. Something makes boredom and hurt disappear.
Someone fills the cup in front of us: We taste only sacredness.


Reason is powerless in the expression of Love.

When you do things from your soul,
you feel a river moving in you, a joy.

This is love: to fly toward a secret sky,
to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment.
First to let go of life.
Finally, to take a step without feet.


The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you; Don't go back to sleep.
You must ask for what you really want; Don't go back to sleep.
People are going back and forth across the doorsill where the two worlds touch.
The door is round and open. Don't go back to sleep.


Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love.


Most people guard against going into the fire, and so end up in it.


My friend, the Sufi is the friend of the present moment.
To say tomorrow is not our way.


People of the world don't look at themselves, and so they blame one another.


Since in order to speak, one must first listen, learn to speak by listening.


No longer a stranger, you listen all day to these crazy love-words.
Like a bee you fill hundreds of homes with honey,
though yours is a long flight from here.


We rarely hear the inward music, but we're all dancing to it nevertheless.


There wouldn't be such a thing as counterfeit gold if there were no real gold somewhere.


That which is false troubles the heart,
but truth brings joyous tranquility.


Patience is the key to joy.

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.


A donkey with a load of holy books is still a donkey.

Thirst drove me down to the water where I drank the moon's reflection.


We do not walk on our legs, but on our will.


For every sin but the killing of Time there is forgiveness.


Only from the heart Can you touch the sky.


The only lasting beauty is the beauty of the heart.

I
f your guidance is your ego, don't rely on luck for help.
You sleep during the day and the nights are short.
By the time you wake up your life may be over.

"The sun never says to the earth,
'You owe me.'
Look what happens with a love like that.
It lights up the whole sky."

The only service you can do someone is remind them of their true nature.


You have to take risks.
We will only understand the miracle of life fully
when we allow the unexpected to happen.

Enlightenment must come little by little-otherwise it would overwhelm.


Happy are those who find fault with themselves instead of finding fault with others.


Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.

Pray for what you want, but work for the things you need.

If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?


If words come out of the heart, they will enter the heart,
but if they come from the tongue,
they will not pass beyond the ears.

You think the shadow is the substance.


The ground's generosity takes in our compost and grows beauty!.
Try to be more like the ground.


No mirror ever became iron again; No bread ever became wheat;
No ripened grape ever became sour fruit.
Mature yourself and be secure from a change for the worse. Become the light.

I pray you all enjoyed this stroll with me. It is a shame I could not capture the birdsong, the thrum of dragonflies as they buzzed around like jewels in the sky. I could not capture the rich scent of the earth or the kiss of the breeze on my sun warmed cheeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is not posted, it was deemed offensive.