May 24, 2011
SHADOW WAR PHASE II: BOMBING IN AL-QUDS
On March 23rd, 2011, a “bomb” rocked a crowded bus stop in Zionist-occupied al-Quds, killing a 60-year old woman and wounding over 30 others; the first of its kind in over 6 years. Though no Palestinian Resistance group claimed responsibility for the attack, the delusional, antagonistic and deeply misleading Zionist media immediately blamed Palestinians.
“aggressively, responsibly and wisely to preserve the quiet and security that has prevailed here over the past two years,” and also, “we are very determined to strike at the terrorist elements and deny them the means of attacking our citizens (2).”
Zionist security officials fleetingly attempted to convince the world that the device that shook al-Quds was homemade and weighed a minuscule four pounds (7), but it was nothing of the sort and their pathetic hasbara-ridden narrative crumbled rather quickly.
The stage had been set. Making good on his promise to “respond aggressively,” Benjamin Netanyahu sent his warplanes, fully paid for by the United States, the Zionist entity’s favorite lapdog, into the besieged Gaza Strip just hours after Mossad’s remote-controlled suitcase bomb detonated in occupied al-Quds. Multiple airstrikes were launched (13), once again bringing terror to 800,000 starving Palestinian children that call Gaza their home.
Mossad’s false flag in occupied al-Quds was designed to once again generate international sympathy for the Zionist entity which is incessantly (and despicably) barking in its media organizations to portray itself as a victim, and to give credence to any future attack it may launch in illegally besieged Gaza. Multiple world leaders, or, more appropriately titled, stooges of the Israeli apartheid state, condemned the attack.
“Terrorism and the targeting of civilians are never justified. And Israel, like all nations, of course, has to respond when this occurs. The United States is committed to Israel’s security and we strongly condemn this violence and extend our deepest sympathies to all those affected (15).”
The usurping entity would like the public to believe that its recent attacks on illegally besieged Gaza began on March 23rd, when the suitcase bomb detonated in occupied al-Quds. This however, like all other scenarios regarding Palestine that are presented in the Zionist-owned mainstream media, is a fallacy; an atrocious fallacy.
The aggression against Gaza, which has been routine since the genocide of Operation Cast Lead, actually began 21 days prior on March 2nd when the Israeli Navy engaged in one of its favorite hobbies, shooting at Palestinian fishing boats. This criminality was followed by IOF tanks and bulldozers invading the southern Strip to demolish farmlands and fire live ammunition on Palestinian families (16).
The following day, the laundry list of Israeli war crimes against the besieged Strip literally got a little longer as the Zionist entity announced its near completion of the first phase of the illegal electric fence it is building on the Egypt-Gaza border (20).
This, as expected, is a gross lie of monumental proportions and a malicious slander against the 42-year old husband and father, who isn’t a member of Hamas in any way, shape or form. And, also as expected, it is now known that Dirar Abu Sisi has been mercilessly tortured by Shin Bet and he remains imprisoned, in solitary confinement, consistently (and pointlessly) interrogated by agents of Shin Bet and Mossad (24).
father of 6 and senior engineer in Gaza.
March 16th was a day drenched in blood. The Zionist entity began its aggression early in the morning by air, assassinating two fighters from al-Qassam Brigades, 25-year old Ghassan Fathi Abu Omar and 23-year old Adnan Yousef Eshtewy and wounding two others (27).
An uneasy calm prevailed in the Strip for 3 days, minus the everyday buzzing of Zionist drones, and the aggression came to life again as the illegitimate Israeli state heavily bombed and shelled Gaza on Saturday, March 19th. 5 Palestinians were wounded, including a 3-year old child, when Israeli tank shells struck eastern Gaza City. Missiles from Zionist warplanes struck homes, mosques and tank shells blasted Gaza International Airport.
No Israelis were hurt or killed, and no “residence” incurred any damage.
On March 22nd, as a group of Palestinian children were playing soccer (32), the Israeli army tank blasted five artillery shells into the home of Fayiq al-Hilo, and slaughtered four innocent civilians, the youngest of which being 11-year old Muhammad al-Hilo. Ten Palestinians were wounded in the assault, many of them with wounds so serious they needed amputations to save their lives. 19 Palestinians were wounded for the day by multiple IAF airstrikes and non-stop IOF shelling, including 7 children and 2 women (33).
fully exemplifies how bloodthirsty Zionism is.
Before the chapter of the March Massacre came to a close however, Zionism destroyed al-Sattar Factory, which produces various sodas for the besieged Gaza citizenry (37), assassinated two fighters from al-Quds Brigades, Islamic Jihad’s armed wing, in Jabalia, just hours after all of the Resistance factions in Gaza stated (for the umpteenth time) that they will commit to a ceasefire if the Zionist entity stops its mass murder (38), and one day after the family of 11-year old wrestling fan Muhammad al-Hilo mourned their fallen child (39), barbaric Israeli air raids shook the Strip, assassinating another al-Quds fighter and critically wounded another as they made their way to morning prayers (40).
BESIEGED GAZA: APRIL ATROCITIES
Still reeling from the brutality inflicted across the Strip in March, the Palestinians of besieged Gaza did not receive a break, did not receive any rest, did not receive any mercy from the Zionist entity in April. Gaza was pounded by the illegitimate Israeli state’s warplanes on April 2nd in a joint operation coordinated by the Zionist military and Shin Bet. Three Palestinians from al-Qassam Brigades were assassinated in the strikes, their bodies badly mutilated due to the sheer force of the blast (43).
The following day, only hours after hundreds of Palestinian children gathered on al-Saraya Street in the middle of Gaza City to plead with the “international community” for protection against Israel’s aggression (45), the Strip was hammered again. 4 Palestinians were wounded in multiple Zionist air raids, including 2 women, one of whom was pregnant. Homes were destroyed and a plastics factory that provides work to many Palestinians was damaged in the assault (46).
asking the world to heed their call for help.
As April 7th swallowed April 6th, dawn passed and the morning rolled forward, the Resistance of Gaza, led by Hamas, responded to the Zionist entity’s assassinations of its fighters and brutalization of its citizenry with multiple mortar shells against an illegal Israeli settlement. The Resistance reported that two illegal Israeli settlers were wounded when one of its shells had struck a bus on a road that is frequented by Zionist occupation forces (48).
Israel’s media however, notoriously known for manufacturing malevolent hasbara and outright lies to justify illegal Zionist aggression against the Palestinian people and those who stand with them (49), stated that a 16-year old boy was critically wounded and hospitalized by the Hamas response, additionally adding that the boy was “hysterical” and that the target hit was a school bus, not just a commuter bus. Israeli Defense Minister (and war criminal) Ehud Barak thunderously called for Tel Aviv to carry out a “swift retaliation.”
What is most odd about this particular piece of hasbara is that the Zionist papers reported that the bus was “nearly empty,” and what is even more odd, is that it didn’t quote anyone in the military to substantiate this information like it normally does, instead choosing to ambiguously cite “Israeli sources (50).”
Ehud Barak’s orders of “swift retaliation” were carried out mercilessly by the IOF war machine in a sustained campaign of bombardment. Over the course of 24 hours, from April 8th at noon to April 9th at noon, 14 Palestinians were slaughtered and dozens of others, mostly women, children and elderly, were badly wounded by Zionist tank shells and air strikes that rocked the Gaza Strip to its very core (51).
The usurping regime’s brutality continued despite the Resistance unequivocally calling for a ceasefire, again (56), and by the time the killing was over, 19 Palestinians had been martyred, including women, elderly and children, and more than 60 were wounded (57).
The Zionist entity would launch mock air raids over the Strip just a few days after the massacre (59), to humiliate Hamas and the other Resistance factions and to remind Gaza’s population that another stream of devastation could happen at any moment. The everyday violations of Gaza’s dignity would succeed the mock raids, with Israeli forces firing on fishermen, shooting at homes and destroying agricultural land (60), solidifying that Palestinian life in the largest open air prison on earth had returned from “in hell” to the status quo of besieged.
CONCLUSION: THE CRIPPLING OF HAMAS
On April 27th, 2011, an event took place that took all analysts from the side of the oppressed and the side of the oppressor, solidarity activists and average observers by surprise; gargantuan surprise. Hamas, the Islamic Resistance of Gaza, had agreed to a “reconciliation” deal with the Ramallah-based Palestinian Authority (PA), a collaborationist entity thoroughly dominated by Fatah. The basis of this deal was a new “unity” government (61).
would this new “unity” government collaborate with Tel Aviv as the PA has for years and years now (63)?
Israeli occupation forces issued an answer to the question soon enough, with a senior official calling the unity deal “fiction.” The official would also state that,
“the security officers I have spoken to over the past week have said that it changes nothing for them. It is business as usual for the Palestinian Authority's security forces (64).”
A future piece in this series will deal with this issue as well as the fraudulence of the “reconciliation” deal in rigorous detail. At the moment though, another question, in relation to this piece is much more pressing and relevant.
It is the opinion of this writer that Hamas did not do so on its own free volition, but that it did so after being broken down by the Zionist entity. It is the only explanation for such a lapse in dignity and principle from an organization that swept the 2006 elections in the besieged Gaza Strip because their commitment to resisting Israeli occupation was genuine (67).
But with the ever-tightening all-out siege imposed on the 1.5 million residents of Gaza bearing down on its proverbial neck, Hamas seemed to weaken a little more every day, despite public showings of strength and solidarity. Israel’s genocidal Operation Cast Lead was the penultimate shot before the knockout, and every one of the 1,440 Palestinians murdered undoubtedly haunted the Hamas leadership on a daily basis.
Their sacrifices, the 431 children in particular, undoubtedly continue to do so. Hence this is why Resistance leader Khaled Mish'al attempted to “legitimize” Hamas’ ambitions and positions in the eyes of the pathetic “international community” after Cast Lead (69).
Simultaneously, it continued with its Resistance, but despite its best efforts to repel Zionism’s aggression, Hamas has been unable to end its people’s suffering, unable to end the siege, unable to defeat the occupation. And with the PA pushing towards a September date for the UN to recognize a Palestinian state (70), which is really nothing more than a carved-up Zionist-controlled Palestinian bantustan, it is seemingly clear that Tel Aviv gambled by trying to back Hamas into a corner and the gamble paid off.
~ END OF PART II ~
Next: The horrific assassination of activist, actor and director Juliano Mer-Khamis and what it means for the future of occupied Palestine....
Next: The horrific assassination of activist, actor and director Juliano Mer-Khamis and what it means for the future of occupied Palestine....
(1) Jerusalem Bus Bomb Kills One And Injures 30 by Adrian Blomfield, The Telegraph
(2) Israel Warns Of “Aggressive Response” To Jerusalem Blast by Conal Urquhart and Ewen MacAskill, The Guardian
(3) Security Cameras Lead To Shabbat Desecration? by Ari Galahar, Ynet
(4) Woman Killed, Dozens Injured In Jerusalem Bombing by Melanie Lidman and Yaakov Katz, The Jerusalem Post
(5) Jerusalem’s Fragile Peace Destroyed By Suitcase Bomb by Conal Urquhart and Phoebe Greenwood, The Guardian
(6) Terror Attack In Jerusalem, Counter To Fatah-Hamas Unity by Feroze Mithiborwala, Counter Currents
(7) Mystery Deepens Over Deadly Jerusalem Bus Bomb by Karl Vick and Aaron J. Klein, TIME Magazine
(8) Deadly Jerusalem Bus Bomb Possibly Remote Controlled by Richard Esposito and Lee Ferran, ABC News
(9) Occupied Iraq: New Year, Same Zionism by Jonathan Azaziah, Mask of Zion
(10) Deadly Bombing Targets Jerusalem Bus Stop by Wyre Davies, BBC
(11) Libya: The Zionist Dragon And The Drums Of War by Jonathan Azaziah, Mask of Zion
(12) 26/11: Mossad Terrorizes Mumbai by Jonathan Azaziah, Mask of Zion
(13) Israeli Jets Strike Gaza: 23 March 2011 by Al Jazeera English
(14) Jerusalem Bus Bombing Kills 1, Injures 30 by Anne Barker, Australian Broadcasting Corporation
(15) Bombing In Jerusalem: Press Statement - Hillary Rodham Clinton by US Department of State
(16) Israeli Navy Fires At Palestinian Fishing Boats by Saed Bannoura, IMEMC
(17) Israeli Air Force Bombards A Car In Gaza by Saed Bannoura, IMEMC
(18) Israeli Air Force Carries Out A Series Of Air Strikes In Gaza by Saed Bannoura, IMEMC
(19) Palestinian Government In Gaza Protests Closure Of Main Commercial Crossing Into Israel by Saed Bannoura, IMEMC
(20) Israel Constructs Electric Fence On Egypt Border by Jeany Massad, IMEMC
(21) Gaza Truckers Protest Israel’s Closure Of Commercial Crossing by Rami Almeghari, The Electronic Intifada
(22) UN Official: Israel Kidnaped Palestinian Engineer From Ukraine by Haaretz
(23) Shin Bet Files Indictment Against ‘Rocket Godfather’ by Yaakov Katz, The Jerusalem Post
(24) Israel, Extraordinary Rendition And The Strange Case Of Dirar Abu Sisi by Richard Silverstein, Truth Out
(25) Gaza Engineer Sent To Solitary by Ma’an News Agency
(26) Dirar Abu Sisi, Palestinian In Ukraine, Allegedly Abducted By Israel by Maria Danilova and Diaa Hadid, The Huffington Post
(27) Two Qassam Martyrs In Israeli Airstrike On Gaza by Al-Qassam Information Office; Two Palestinians Killed As Army Bombards Gaza Village by Saed Bannoura, IMEMC
(28) Fisherman Wounded By Israeli Navy Fire by Saed Bannoura, IMEMC
(29) Army Bombards Gaza by Saed Bannoura, IMEMC
(30) Five Palestinians Wounded In Israeli Air Strikes In Gaza by Saed Bannoura, IMEMC; Israeli Artillery Shelling On Gaza Strip by Al-Qassam Information Office
(31) Killing Children In Gaza Is Israeli War Crime by Al-Qassam Information Office
(32) Israel Kills 8 Gazans In Day Of Strikes by Ma’an News Agency
(33) Resident Wounded As Army Bombards Gaza, 19 Wounded Tuesday by Saed Bannoura, IMEMC
(34) Nine Palestinians, Including Three Children, Killed By Army Fire In Gaza On Tuesday by Saed Bannoura, IMEMC
(35) Two Civilians Wounded In New Israeli Air Raids On Gaza by The Palestinian Information Center
(36) IDF: Assassination Of Hamas Leaders Possible by Yoav Zitun, Ynet
(37) Israeli Artillery Shell Blasts Factory In Gaza by The Palestinian Information Center
(38) Two Fighters Assassinated In Gaza, One Resident Injured by Saed Bannoura, IMEMC
(39) Gaza Family Mourns Boy Killed By Israeli Shell by Rami Almeghari, The Electronic Intifada
(40) A Palestinian Man Killed, Another Badly Injured In Brutal Air Raid On Rafah Area by The Palestinian Information Center
(41) Hamas Founder Killed In Israeli Airstrike by CNN
(42) 16 Palestinians Killed By Israel Last Month by The Palestinian Information Center
(43) Three Fighters Assassinated In Gaza by Saed Bannoura, IMEMC
(44) Palestinian Killed In Gaza Buffer Zone by Circarre Parrhesia, IMEMC
(45) Palestinian Children Demand International Protection by Saed Bannoura, IMEMC
(46) Army Bombards Gaza, Four Palestinians Injured by Saed Bannoura, IMEMC
(47) Army Bombards Gaza, One Resident Wounded by Saed Bannoura, IMEMC
(48) Resistance Hit Back, Injures Two Israeli Settlers by Al-Qassam Information Office; “Israeli Army Strikes Gaza After School Bus Hit” – Deconstructed by Associated Press Deconstructed
(49) Israel Hasbara Fails Again: Photos Show Mavi Marmara Passengers Protecting, Aiding Israeli Soldiers by Ali Abunimah
(50) Two Israelis Hurt In A Mortar Attack In Souther Israel by IMEMC
(51) 14 Killed In Gaza, Dozens Injured In Series Of Strikes by Ma’an News Agency
(52) Five Palestinians Killed, 40 Injured By Israeli Missiles In Gaza by Saed Bannoura, IMEMC
(53) Municipality: Israel Shelled Drinking Water Tank In Gaza City by The Palestinian Information Center
(54) Health Minister: Internationally Banned Weapons Used In Israeli Aggression by The Palestinian Information Center
(55) The IOF Used White Phosphorus In Its Latest Aggression by The Palestinian Information Center
(56) Palestinian Factions In Gaza Declare Ceasefire by Saed Bannoura, IMEMC
(57) Palestinians Say 19 Killed In Weekend Of IDF Strikes On Gaza by Anshel Pfeffer, Jack Khoury, Amos Harel, Barak Ravid and Yanir Yagna, Haaretz
(58) Woman Killed In Gaza Strike Was Anticipating Wedding by Rami Almeghari, The Electronic Intifada
(59) Israeli Warplanes Launch Mock Raids On Gaza by The Palestinian Information Center
(60) IOF Opens Fire At Gaza Border Areas by The Palestinian Information Center
(61) Fatah and Hamas Agree To Historic Palestinian Reconciliation Deal by Avi Issacharoff, Haaretz
(62) Palestinian Rivals Hamas And Fatah Sign Reconciliation Deal by The Guardian
(63) Wikileaks Is Zionist Poison II: Deconstruction Of The Myth by Jonathan Azaziah, Mask of Zion
(64) Is The Fatah-Hamas Deal A Disaster? by Anshel Pfeffer, The Jewish Chronicle
(65) Hamas-Backed “Unity Government” To Cooperate With Israel Army, Erekat Says by Ali Abunimah, The Electronic Intifada
(66) Hollow ‘Reconciliation’ In Palestine by Ali Abunimah, Al-Jazeera English
(67) Hamas Sweeps Palestinian Elections, Complicating Peace Efforts In Mideast by Scott Wilson, The Washington Post
(68) The Gaza Bombshell by David Rose, Vanity Fair
(69) Hamas’ Choice: Recognition Or Resistance In The Age Of Obama by Ali Abunimah, The Electronic Intifada
(70) In Israel, Time For Peace Offer May Run Out by Ethan Bronner, The New York Times