Thursday 1 December 2011

BEAUTIFUL WHITE WOMAN

CONSIDER MY MEDITATION
Finger painting by Mary Jane Q Cross

After wading through the previously posted morass on political correctness I sought an image that showed what we fight to preserve. At first I considered the innocence of a child would suffice but this image of a lovely woman in a canoe, lost in the moment, her thoughts flying free as she sits rocking gently in her canoe, the purity of nature around her, the sun kissing her face... this was the image to post.
 .
I know myself, some of my happiest moments have been thus, in a canoe, on our lake at dawn, the sun warming my bones, my skin, my thoughts. Please enlarge this image and get lost in the escape of it all.  

Frequently, my attention would return to earth, caught by some sound of nature, the call of a loon, the dive of the loon I was silently drifting towards, perhaps the water sounds of beaver or deer, and the ever present whines and zings of the insects. Truly, I was blessed to have such beauty as part of my life for so many years... This, my friends, is ART.

A note: the artist developed a bad tremor young in her career and could no longer use the traditional tools of her art. She then developed her talent as a finger painter. The above is done using her fingers alone.

1 comment:

If your comment is not posted, it was deemed offensive.