UPDATE: JANUARY 19, 2020
Part 2 has been added, a controversial article from V-Dare that I believe to be of interest. The Megan Markle Mess: I Told You So! by Lance Welton. Since posting the first piece I have come across many interesting tidbits some well supported by her family so plan to add images appropriately but respectfully since this is a scholastic article, not mere fun.
ED Noor: I remember this photo from the wedding. The expressions on the faces of Elizabeth and Philip were of loathing directed towards the bride. Those photos were subsequently scrubbed from the Internet and the media effort to make everything appear copacetic began. But things did not last long. It appears their apprehension regarding this arrogant upstart was well founded. Is Meghan "A Woke Wallis Simpson"? ONLY in her own dreams and ambitions.
Welcome to Canada! Funny Canadian humour. Excellent.
By Brendan O'Neill
January 9, 2020
Megxit, as this royal bombshell is wittily being called, is a striking sign of the times. What Harry and Meghan are doing is virtually unprecedented in the history of the royals. They are jacking in their jobs (I say jobs) as senior royals and pursuing a more 'financially independent' path that will allow them to earn, travel and ~ this is important ~ jabber on about their pet concerns and causes as much as they like.
That plebeian face is full of arrogance.
Even leaving aside the fact that they won't actually be financially independent ~ they'll still get wads of cash from the Duchy of Cornwall and will still stay in that Frogmore Cottage us British taxpayers just splashed 2.4million quid on ~ still their move is a startling and concerning one.
What it fundamentally reveals is the incompatibility of the modern culture of narcissism with the values of duty, loyalty and self-negation traditionally associated with royal life. To someone like Meghan, who sprang from celebville, who sees herself as the embodiment of right-on goodness, and who loves nothing more than advertising her eco-virtue and performing her PC credentials, life in the British monarchy was never going to be a good fit.
Yes, the woke agenda Meghan expresses so well shares much in common with the old-world elitism of the monarchical system.
~ Both obsess over inherited characteristics (the woke bang on about race and gender, the monarchy is all about bloodline).~ Both have a penchant for looking down their noses at the little people.
~ And both have an instinctive loathing for modernity, from Charles' longstanding conservationism to H&M's humanity-bashing eco-hysteria.
Any notion of collapsing the self into something bigger than oneself, something more historic or something collective, is alien to many in the selfie-taking, values-performing generation. Indeed, the most striking thing about Harry and Meghan's bombshell is the way they talk about the royal family as if it is little more than a stepping stone to their self-realization.
To them, the monarchy seems to be little more than a workspace, a place where they learned some skills which they will now take into their new role as global promoters of wokeness and of themselves. They talk about having 'internal discussions' and deciding to 'make a transition' in order to 'carve out a progressive new role within this institution'. They sound more like Silicon Valley millennials making the case for a job promotion than members of a family that was allegedly chosen by God to rule the nation.
Overlooking, of course, that there was a lot to criticize about H&M, from their moaning about their privileged lives to their hypocritical jetting around the world to make platitudinous lectures about climate change.
- Inviting celebrities rather than family to her wedding;
- Shunning her sickly father.
- Announcing her pregnancy at Princess Eugenie’s wedding reception and thus upstaging the bride;
- Moving out of Kensington Palace ~ seemingly because of “tension” between her and William and Kate;
- Losing her temper when Queen Elizabeth told her she couldn’t wear a Russian tiara that she liked at her wedding. Apparently Queen Elizabeth told Harry: “Meghan cannot have whatever she wants. She gets what tiara she's given by me”;
- Making Kate cry, seemingly by criticizing Princess Charlotte’s bridesmaid dress for Meghan’s wedding;
- Getting Harry to tell William that William wasn’t “rolling out the red carpet for Meghan,” causing a breakdown in the brothers’ relationship.
- Treating valued members of staff so unreasonably that they resigned, in one case after 17 years serving the Royal family: “Meghan put a lot of demands on her and it ended up with her in tears” wrote a British tabloid of one resignation.
- Treating Kate’s staff disrespectfully. According to an insider: “Her and Kate fell out when she bollocked Kate’s staff.”
- Revealing that she “feels sorry” for Kate (and thus humiliating her) and publicly complaining about royal life.
- Virtue-signaling about Global Warming while frequently taking private jets.
Interestingly, Rushton highlighted evidence that, in White-Asian relationships, couples seem to compensate for being genetically physically dissimilar by being much more genetically mentally similar ~ on traits such as intelligence and personality ~ than are White-White couples [Ethnic nationalism, evolutionary psychology and Genetic Similarity Theory, by J. Philippe Rushton, Nations and Nationalism, 2005].
Perhaps she should have said, to her great-grandson, “Beware the Half-Blackamoors.”
Lance Welton [email him] is the pen name of a freelance journalist living in New York.