Saturday 5 November 2011

HOLD THE BULLETS, PASS THE MUSHROOMS

I'm glad mushrooms are against the law, because I took them one time, and you know what happened to me? I laid in a field of green grass for four hours going, "My God! I love everything." Yeah. Now, if that isn't a hazard to our country … how are we gonna keep building nuclear weapons, you know what I mean? What's gonna happen to the arms industry when we realize that we're all one?! ~ Bill Hicks

ILLUMINATED HERESY
The Sermon on the Mushroom Mountain
Latin MS 8846, fol 6v, Psalm 2 BnF 
Paris Eadwine Psalter

Mushrooms were always my favourite high. Always. The colours, the warmth, the love, the laughter for the sake of laughter ... just because it felt good. And godly, for surely God laughs a great deal at the foolish inhabitants of the universe...

Now watch bloody big pharma get to work....



Mushroom Shaman-Priestesses woodcarving in cypress 11"x15" by Karen Vogel. Replica of Exaltation of the Flower, stele from Thessaly, 470 B.C.E., in the collection of the Louvre Museum, Paris.

Let Bill have the last word:

They lie about marijuana. Tell you pot-smoking makes you unmotivated. Lie! When you're high, you can do everything you normally do just as well – you just realize that it's not worth the fucking effort. There is a difference.

1 comment:

  1. Read; The Apples of Apollo. The rabbit hole is much deeper than you can imagine.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is not posted, it was deemed offensive.