Sunday 19 August 2012

SNORDELHANS: THE TIME HAS COME!

One evening, when I was around 5 years of age, I did the usual thing kids do after being put to bed ~ crept out of my room to see what Mom and Dad were watching on TV. This was in the early mid-fifties.  What I saw changed my life ~ the following film of the atom bomb that was being introduced to the naive public.

I never had nightmares from what I saw but I never forgot a single scene of it. The knowledge of what I saw stayed with me my entire life and effected me in ways I will never know. I remember when I was 15, my father lecturing me about some transgression. 
"You seem to think you can do anything just because of the threat of some silly A-bomb!"
Since seeing that little film, I have lived a full and interesting life. Meanwhile, here we are again facing that threat today in ways none of us could ever have dreamt of in those days.



1 comment:

If your comment is not posted, it was deemed offensive.