"One issue is whether or not human rights violations might be happening as a result of the race being there.""If the regime arrests people in order to intimidate others from peacefully protesting around Formula One, then the organizers, participants, and sponsors really need to say something about that."
daily long hours of standing;
- sleep deprivation;
- denial of food and water;
- personal hygiene denied;
- limited bathroom use;
- severe beatings;
- electric shocks to the head and other body parts;
- rape and execution threats;
- threats of rape and torture against family members;
- administering mock executions;
- threatened removal to Saudi Arabia;
- verbal abuse, including religious beliefs;
- verbal and physical sexual abuse;
- solitary confinement;
- blindfolding and painful handcuffing for extended periods; and
forced dancing and singing the national anthem, as well as other forms of humiliation.
Al-Khalifa despots ignore international and Bahraini law. Prisoner rights are spurned. Serious injuries and illness go untreated. Police state terror is state policy.
King Hamed; he rules with an iron fist;
- Minister of Justice Khaled bin Ali Al-Khalifa; he militarized Salmaniya Hospital
- temporary Minister of Health Fatima Al-Balushi; she bears direct responsibility for kidnapping, torturing, interrogating, and sacking medical providers given no chance for defense;
- Criminal Investigation Directorate (CID) Drugs Department head Noura Al-Khalifa; she bears similar responsibility;
- Cleansing Committee head Baha'a Eldin Futayha for similar crimes;
- Salmaniya's Chief of Medical Staff Mohammed Amin Al-Awadhi for similar crimes;
- Assistant Undersecretary for Human Resources and Services Hassan Jabir;
- Director of Human Resources Fatima AbdulWadid Al-Ahmed;
- head of BDF hospital administration Salman Ateyatallah Al-Khalifa;
- Supreme Council for Health and Minister of State for Defense Affairs Lt. Gen. Mohammed bin Abdullah Al-Khalifa;
- Minister of Health and Supreme Council for Health vice chairman Sadeq Al-Shihabi;
- SMC CEO Waleed Al-Manea;
- Ameen Al-Sa'ati for witnessing state atrocities and concealing them;
- Bahrain Medical Society head Nabeel Al-Ansari; and
CID Drug Department official Mubarak Bin Huwail.
They "improve Bahrain's capability to meet current and future armoured threats. Bahrain will use the enhanced capability as a deterrent to regional threats and to strengthen its homeland defense."