Wednesday 19 June 2013

IMAGES OF THE MIDDLE EAST BEFORE ZIONISM MOVED IN

 
A Bedouin sheikh from Palmyra.

Somewhere in my travels recently I came across the following set of beautifully restored images of the old Middle East. Although the title of the set was "Jews in Old Palestine" or some such drivel, it takes a nanosecond to realize what we have here are PEOPLE of the old Middle East including North Africa. 

I am not sure who is what in some cases so if you, dear Readers, can help me out, that would be appreciated. If the photos are enlarged you will find French printing along the bottom that helps to give location. I have done my best to read the text but with very little success as can be seen. Most of the photos can be enlarged further.

One thing that I did notice however, that JUMPED out at me from the page, that SCREAMED HUHH?" at me was the difference between the fur lined hats of the rabbis as compared to those silly big fur donuts they wear on their heads today.  Perhaps as their egos have grown..... 


"A young girl of Bethlehem"
 
 Palestinian?

 Possibly Mauritania

A Palestinian Sheikh

 A street in Sidi Okba (?)


 Inside the home, in Algeria

Algeria




 Rock carvers, Jerusalem


Jerusalem


 Syrian?

4 comments:

  1. Thank You, wonderful pictorial glimpse back in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes truly a picture is worth a thousand words...

    http://buelahman.wordpress.com/2013/06/20/mom-and-dad-lets-talk/

    one word "Jew" should be exorcised from the Language by Truth...

    http://www.israelect.com/reference/WillieMartin/OriginOfTheJews.htm

    For Good.

    happy celestial events

    Davy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many of those photos are Jews. You sound uneducated and anti semetic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously you did not read my introduction. You are just looking to toss around a few totally stupid and meaningless insults .... I am the original Auntie Semitic.... As for education, at least I read intros of articles before making an arse of myself with useless slurs... I have been called worse by far better folk than thee... water off a ducks' back...

      Delete

If your comment is not posted, it was deemed offensive.