Monday 12 September 2011

TODAY'S IMAGE: SEPTEMBER 12, 2011

Going through my files today, I realized I have an absolutely HUGE collection of images. Photos, paintings, architecture, days gone by, trashy magazine covers, you name it, I have it and it is just sitting there. So, as of today I will endeavour to post ONE a day for your pleasure. 

Macabre, satanic, angelic, natural photography, fine art, you will not know what to expect from day to day any more than I will until I open the folders that day.

THE MUSIC LESSON by FREDERICK LEIGHTON

Date: 1877

Media: Oil on Canvas

Dimensions: 104 x 101cm

Location: Guild Hall Art Gallery

Picture credit: The Bridgeman Art Library

Interpretation: 

An older woman helps a girl to play a guitar, possibly of Syrian origin. Leighton developed a deep interest in Eastern art and architecture after his first trip to Algeria in 1857, and here we can see him introducing this into his art. The two figures are surrounded by and dressed in souvenirs from Damascus.  The architectural setting for the painting shares an affinity with George Aitchinson's contemporary designs for the Arab Hall at Leighton House, although it has also been linked with the sixteenth century mosque of Suleiman Pasha at Damascus.

 
THE TWENTIETH CENTURY ART SCAM
http://snippits-and-slappits.blogspot.com/2010/04/twentieth-century-art-scam.html

3 comments:

  1. Hey Noor,...What wonderful things, truly, a renaissance is what we will need when these demons we wrestle are finally put to the sword. Leighton is a personal favourite of the Pre-Raphaelites: 'Flaming June' reminds me of my first wife, dozing after a champagne breakfast.

    My lady of the dawn, you salve the raw nerve, thank you.

    veritas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm did you ever read the piece I posted about the death of good art? Lemme find the link for you and you will see how the Jews stole art from us too. Of course then the same can be applied to REAL music, the ephemeral sounds of enlightening soul expanding
    music.
    SNIPPITS AND SNAPPITS: THE PLOT AGAINST ART
    http://snippits-and-slappits.blogspot.com/2010/09/plot-against-art.html

    THE TWENTIETH CENTURY ART SCAM
    http://snippits-and-slappits.blogspot.com/2010/04/twentieth-century-art-scam.html

    You won't look at art the same after reading these, I guarantee you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Noor,...I am sure I have seen both these Posts and have commented at both(?), in fact the picture from Sasha Darkmoon's, "The Plot against Art - 10" I used as a Background until only recently: Riki R. Nelson, 'Girl in a Box, Girl in Cherry Silk', from the Saatchi Gallery, London... Fabulous.

    How bizarre.

    veritas

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is not posted, it was deemed offensive.