Sunday 18 September 2011

TODAY'S IMAGE: SEPTEMBER 18, 2011

Please click this thumb. What is lovely about Trey's work is it can be blown up huge and the details just get sharper and more focused. This image will triple in size and clarity.

Lucky for you I have refound a cache of photographs by my very favourite photographer, Trey Ratcliff. 

For years I have used his work as my desktops because one can never see enough of his work or tire of the richness of his art. The man seems to be everywhere on the globe taking photographs that are of astounding beauty. This one is probably the simplest one I have found yet, but the concept of what this room is for... well... read and enjoy.

It is where euro-Googlers come to nap when they need a brain-break. I don’t know for sure, but I imagine them slinking around in here while wearing trendy euro-clubbing clothes. There were soft water-sounds wafting about, and everything was very zen. You can choose whatever sleeping arrangement you like: the porcelain tub filled with red foam cubes, the leathery massage chair that doesn’t ask questions, or many more..

Oh heck, get a taste of his out doors work. The following is from Versailles. Trey always adds commentary that brings the scene even more to life. 
Again, PLEASE enlarge for detail. This is a wonderful photograph of Marie Antoinette's little play farm, Le Petit Trianon.

So, Versailles is a monstrously huge place. I’m not sure how you could see everything in a day. I chose to concentrate this trip out in the royal gardens, and a confusing walk got me into this place. It’s not exactly secret, but I didn’t know about it until I walked up upon it!

It is called “The Hameau de la Reine”, and is generally known as the Queen’s Hamlet. It was built for Marie Antoinette between 1785 and 1792. It is lovely, and this is only one of the many little places I captured there… more soon!

2 comments:

  1. I can imagine being in one of those chairs "zenning"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Noor,
    Speaking of images, this is my best gif in the whole world. I titled it "oooh, Omar!"

    http://i54.tinypic.com/2ekup88.jpg

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is not posted, it was deemed offensive.