Thursday 27 October 2011

MUMBAI BEAUTY

 
THIS IS SECRET by Trey Ratcliff

I found her walking with her hooded silk around the back streets of Mumbai. Usually when I see a cadre of the enshrouded, they are accompanied by Muslim man that is glaring at almost everyone. 

This time there seemed to be no alpha around, so I asked her for her name. She looked at me and smiled (I think) and then looked furtively around to see if anyone was watching. 

I got the distinct impression that since I was a white oddity who actually spoke to her that she wanted to talk, but then thought better of it and made a slight bow before gliding away.

This comes from my portrait series here:  

www.flickr.com/photos/stuckincustoms/sets/721575942039392...
 
from my daily photo blog at www.stuckincustoms.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is not posted, it was deemed offensive.