Friday 22 December 2023

SATURDAY CARTOONS: THE SON IS BORN: OUR LIGHT RETURNS: DECEMBER 23, 2023

Christmas/Winter Solstice. 
The return to the world of The Son of God/The Sun of the Natural World. 
 
For the past few years, each Christmas I would wonder if this might be the last time we got to celebrate it due to any one of many looming threats. There is no entering this season, if you are cognizant of events, with the carefree joy of times past. This year, all we can do is be grateful for everything that we do have, not what is missing. 

Just like in 2008, my thoughts are never far from the plight of the Palestinian people, no matter what I am doing. We have so much; they have less than nothing. How can I be happy knowing what is going on? It is not easy to have compassion and temper your emotions ~ because giving way to them does no one any good.
 
So here you have a ton of seasonal imagery and politics. Enjoy. Please. 

Meanwhile, however you celebrate Christmas, I hope it is with family and loved ones. Hold onto the light as we all head into an increasingly darkening future. You will need it.

I send Christmas Greetings and best wishes to you all.
 
 

 
















 
The Income Act was passed in a near empty chamber when almost everyone had gone home to celebrate Christmas with their families. The criminals (Wilson and the Democrats) have used this distraction tactic quite often since then.






I saw this man on The Masked Singer a few days ago and was impressed by him as a singer and then as a person revealing himself as part of the game. A very decent man. He is recently widowed; he has also found some political chops.





















Someone today, when the name of the Pope came up during a conversation, truly said, "I rather like him now that he approves of gay people." Man is not gay. My girlfriend and I were very proud that we did not let our amazement register on our faces. My response had been, "He is simply not a good man." This was met with a cheery, "Well he seems to be improving." 
 
Lord help us!



Four arms?










Commie Bah Humbug Santa















Fetterman is actually right about something. But the man in the photo is not the real John Fetterman.















 
Krampas. She must be a good child; she is not frightened of him.


























I was told it was bad for the garden but my leaves ended up in the soil along with the deceased pets.









Within two weeks the longer days will already be noticeable.









 
Again with the four hands.


 
The French Quarter, New Orleans

 








I have so many beautiful photos of the Titanium horses of Russia all prettied up for Christmas it was almost impossible to choose just one. Might still toss in another before I am done.
































I have always suspected this.... Moonbump fail. Meghan!







 
This cartoon, recently published in Ontario, has raised a major furor over antisemitism. I don't see it. Actually Zelensky looks a lot like Castro here! But heads are rolling and jobs being lost. Interesting how everything becomes all about (((these folks)))?




The growth of NATO.













All I say about this is "Promises, promises" followed up by doubts and questions about black ink.














 
"You help me, I help you. Or else.." whispers Bibi.
 
This is NOT a "war".



They have been doing this for decades. The only time the people of Israel were upset was when they stole the eyes of a dead IDF and the news got out. Stealing from their own is not kosher.


They are celebrating Christmas wherever they can but not Bethlehem since those folks did not feel it right when Gaza is being flattened. Not safe either.



 
Last Christmas in Bethlehem
 
The right to return



Israel's "angels"


 
The diaper rumours are real

















































The Yule Ball


























 
Teddy Roosevelt vs The Golum?

















 
1929. NYC. Christmas turkeys on sale. Then the Great Depression struck...




8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas, Noor! Feliz Navidad! Joyeux Noel! Feliz Natal!
    Much love, health, happiness and success in 2024!
    Saludos,
    Moi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Noor, for giving me something to look forward to every week. I am still being asked to “sign-in” to see your blog. But no matter. Have a meaningful and blessed Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Noor! You’ve given me something to look forward to every week. I’m still being asked to sign-in to read this blog. But it’s one inconvenience I am willing to take. Have a blessed and meaningful Christmas to you, and to all your readers as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your efforts. Saturday morning isn't Saturday morning unless I have your cartoons.... much like when I was really young and had Bugs Bunny to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tittieclouds, now that would've gotten my attention in class.
    Mammatus clouds? No wonder I fell asleep.

    Mr. J

    ReplyDelete
  6. So GLAD you are back!!! Wednesdays and Saturdays now have a new meaning for me. I look forward to them with rapt attention waiting for my screen to load the goodies. Love your work. Love the funnies and love the inspirational ones, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You overlooked a 4 hand santa, queen of memes :)

    https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgzevTupi6STZrTdSvY0PhL9HN3WcUmpKdP9Y9zWoXLHr9p16Qan_-Mvzv-CwT1b2FntTHpU6j8GehRTuivl__GzEvcdhpXLBjY_IYtUpJxgHkFIYSpsBmNv8_XxOQEDchW-0NWSvIaOgIXmwIVuTBiU78PdOKKwfD8r74v1oG4jMw_yaPFQ31rLB4KiQE/s360/lap%209A%20(1).jpg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas! Hope it was a good one.

    Here's some FYI in case you were unaware.

    The blogspot links below the comments are not working. Asks for a Google sign in, but repeats the page.

    The homepage began requesting Google password a month or so ago.

    Google must have changed terms and conditions for Blogspot?

    If you have seen a drop in visitors, might be why?

    -Bry in OK

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is not posted, it was deemed offensive.