I am opening today's post with this absolutely positive affirming message from Stilton:
Okay, we've had a day or two of mourning. Now it's time to get down to business.
The naysayers aside, all hope is not lost. To quote the old cliché,
“Where there is life, there is hope”.
You can step outside today and notice that the world has not actually ended. The sun is still rising and setting, the air is breathable (for the most part), the food producers are still delivering milk, bread and eggs, and Clan MacGregor may still be purchased by the pint, quart, gallon and barrel.
So you've had a setback? Not your first; won't be your last. “Man is born to toil and sorrow,” or words to that effect.
So what can you do?
1) Turn their words against them. “Think globally, act locally.” You can fulminate about the swamp dwellers in seats of power all you like, but the hard, cold facts are that you, as an individual, have little to no effect on what actions they take (unless you LIKE dressing up in buffalo horns and swiping lecterns, which isn't ending well for that chap). So, make a difference in your neighborhood. Even something as small as picking up a piece of litter improves your immediate environment. It might not make much difference to the world at large, but it'll make YOU feel better.
2) Comfort the afflicted. Nothing gives you a lift more than giving a helping hand to those worse off than you are. I do volunteer work at a railroad museum, as that happens to be one of my interests, and watching the folks' eyes light up when they see the electric trains rolling... well, that's why I spend my time and treasure doing it.
3) Afflict the comfortable. It's fun annoying libs, which is one reason my home page on Faecesbook features “Stilton's Place” and similar material. Wanna know the fun part? The angry comments. I get, “Mitch, why do you keep POSTING this shit?” They just don't seem to realize that they've answered their own question.
4) Do not respond to anger with anger, as that's what they want. Back in the pre-Internet days, some of the dialup bulletin boards I frequented had something called “P.I.S.S.”, which stood for “Passively Ignoring Silent Strike”. Even before the Net, we knew feeding the trolls only encouraged them, and if PISS was declared on a user, that user was effectively sent to Coventry, which tended to shut them up quite nicely.
5) If they're going to be childish, be an adult. One thing I've found is that many liberals are essentially insecure, craving attention and affirmation. Deny that to them and they shrivel up and vanish.
6) Be prepared to throw a monkey wrench into the works. This DOES NOT mean go around looking for trouble, but, if an opportunity presents itself to stick it to the opposition, grab it with both hands. If Antifa leaves a pallet of bricks around for throwing, steal it and build that garden wall you've been wanting. Use your imagination.
7) Never pass up a chance to help another if you can. A few weeks back, I was exiting a pawn shop (looking for a used web cam, but that's another story) and noted a middle-aged couple trying to stuff a large dorm refrigerator into a small Asian car and not having much success. Well, this sort of thing is why I drive a Ford station wagon. Within minutes, we had the fridge in the back of my car and on route to the couple's house. To this day, I have no idea of their name, race, creed or political beliefs. All I know is that they have their refrigerator home, and that's the important part.
The most important part?
8) Be of good cheer.
Remember how sweet liberal tears taste? Well, they find your tears equally tasty.
Make the bastards die of thirst.
|Embrace peace loving Joe! He promises peace if you heel and kneel.|
|Expect much more of such in-depth reporting from now on!|
|Is JT practicing his Grade C acting skills or plotting the further demise of Canada? |
|Bernie is the scene-stealer from the inauguration.|
|It took me several tries to find the two humans climbing this frozen river. |
|And (((Senator Scott Weiner))) the bearded promoter of some of California's most vile laws regarding deviance.|
|Buick. Circa 1959. I want it.|
|Make of this whatever you wish. I am just passing it on but I do have bigger better photos.|
|THIS is a bingo meme. Hold on to it when you need to explain "fake news". |
|Election results 1920.|
|For some strange reason (!?) this story has been ignored by American media but it has been absolutely HUGE in Italy!|
|Oh the Drama! ROFL. These people are so silly.|
|Varieties of colour blindness.|
|Just here for the mustard.|
|The sacred buffalo.|
|Just shut up, you has been. |
|Really good one here.|
|I was most honoured this week. I posted a comment on Aangirfan and the next day I found they had done an entire post around it! What pleases me is that it reminded me of my spiritual roots and that is most healing. What surprised me is that I am usually rendered speechless when it comes to commentary on these posts but the words just flowed. |
|5G in disguise|
|BEST. HEADLINE. EVER!|
|This is an Australian worm of some variety. It gives a whole new interpretation to the refrain "I think I'll just go and eat worms". You could slice this thing.|
|Oh. My. Effing. Lord!|
|Minimal bikini mask|