Wednesday 5 September 2018

MIDWEEK CARTOONS: SEPTEMBER 5, 2019

Right under your noses, history is being rewritten by Hollywood. Well, history as we were shown back in 1964. Not getting into the hoax business, which has a lot going for it, just the fact that history as recorded is being slowly rewritten in the minds of the hoi polloi. 

Days growing longer; trees colouring; autumn hits faster and harder every year it seems. Kids back in school; the pool will be less crowded, a good thing. And then there is the poison of pumpkin spice everything.

Meanwhile, the world goes on. Nothing much we can say or do about the big stuff other than hope to spread awareness. And there is a dawning of that awareness going on in Europe these past few weeks. German, the everyday people, now branded Nazi by Merkel, have had their eyes opened. 






Considering the NIKE uproar, I might have over-done it but this is a campaign full of contradictions, both sides claiming victory. The victory will be at the bottom line and both sides are already bragging of financial wins/losses. A lot of funny material although a miserable situation.








Loves vegans.











For me it was when my father found me reading a novel by Leonard Cohen, tinged with what I now realize was insidious filth that I thought was daring to learn about at the time. Now I know better and realize my father confiscated that book for a reason. He was horrified by Cohen's character going on about wanting to F@#k a Canadian saint. Heck I even had to look up the word F@#k I was so naive at the time. And when that character ran around screaming "I am a faggot" I was like "What on earth is he calling himself a Roman bundle of sticks for?!" Yeah, innocent.
































Not a peep. Even turned down foreign offers of aid.
























Huh?




Spewed my tea with this one.
















 










































This is the message.




















In the Netherlands
(I note prominent hijab in the major image)














Don't get complacent by laughing at this blue wave. The threat they intend is real so there is no room for complacency or just riding on the strength of a president you think can move mountains.
















Do they come any whiter than this creature?


Genocide in the education system. From a sex manual on pregnancy for youngsters. Brown babies in brown wombs would be just fine, but this is indoctrination.




Original version


Revised.









































Source
They got him. Just as I feared they would.


My nephew Kyle came to live with us this summer after his freshman year of college. Apparently he’s now a deputized member of the cultural-appropriation police.

He hadn’t even unpacked his massive bag of dirty laundry when he made a snide comment about the three straw hats hanging in our hallway collected during our years living in Southeast Asia.

The next day when Kyle and I were backing out of the driveway and I called out “Adios” to my neighbor, Kyle mumbled, “Appropriate much?”

But then the following Saturday, I overheard Kyle ask my wife if we had any sunscreen he could borrow. “Brenna and I are going kayaking.”

I poked my head around the corner. “Mmm. Kayaks. You mean that watercraft appropriated from the Inuit people of the Arctic region?”

Quick on his feet, Kyle recovered and retorted, “I meant to say we’re renting canoes.”

“As in the canoe that was developed by the indigenous people of North America?”

Stymied, Kyle canceled his plans. He and Brenna spent the day sitting quietly on a park bench.

The following Monday our neighbor offered Kyle 50 bucks to move a mound of dirt into his backyard. I was glad to see the boy working. But when I saw he’d helped himself to the wheelbarrow from my shed, I couldn’t help myself.

“Whatcha doing there, McFly?”

“Moving this dirt for some quick cash.”

“Using a wheelbarrow?”

“Yup.”

He continued shoveling.

“As in the one-wheeled cart invented by the Chinese?”

Kyle looked at me for a long moment as he processed this information before finally lowering the handles of the wheelbarrow.

He switched to lugging the dirt in a five-gallon bucket. It took him the rest of the afternoon. The job worked out to four dollars an hour.

The next day he was so stiff and sore, Brenna suggested they go stretch out at “Yoga in the Park.” Until I pointed out yoga is a sacred practice rooted in Hinduism.

Brenna went by herself.

My wife told me to leave the poor boy alone. But hey, as his uncle, I feel it’s my job to help him live out his passionately held core values.

In the summer our family eats most of our dinners on the deck which is conveniently located off our kitchen. Well convenient for most of us. Not for Kyle. Once I pointed out that modern architects got their inspiration for the sliding glass door from the Japanese shoji, Kyle stopped using our sliding door. You know, it having been appropriated and all.

At dinnertime Kyle now goes out through the garage, runs down the hill on the side of the house, jumps the fence, cuts through the hedges, and climbs the stairs to the deck. I get exhausted just watching him.

Once when it was his turn to help prep for dinner, he made seven trips. One of them after we’d all sat down. I pointed out he’d forgotten to bring the salt shaker.

Last week, prompted by a text from his mother, Kyle came home with birthday flowers for my wife. Anticipating my efforts to help him rout out all cultural appropriation from his life, Kyle brought home tulips. We are Dutch-Americans, after all. As he walked past me he beamed victoriously, pointed at the flowers, and boldly declared, “Dutch.”

“Um, Kyle.”

He paused. His confidence seemed to waver ever so slightly.

“Tulips aren’t native to the Netherlands. The Dutch first imported them from Turkey in the 1500s.” Kyle’s shoulders sagged. His face darkened. He lowered the flowers to his side.

The next morning I found the bouquet on top of our compost pile. I tried to lighten Kyle’s spirits by taking him out for lunch. He attempted to order a jumbo fries until I pointed out the word jumbo comes from the Swahili “jambo.”

He ordered a small.

But it didn’t matter. Shortly after we sat down, he refused to eat his fries. I may have mentioned something about potatoes not being native to North America or Europe. They originate from South America.

He pushed his fries toward me and focused his attention on his sweet tea. Until I asked him how Southerners might feel about him ~ a Northerner ~ appropriating their regional drink.

I used his sweet tea to wash down his fries.

Most weeks, his less-woke friends go out for Taco Tuesdays, but not Kyle. No more hummus. No more bagels. No mo’ pho. Poor Kyle. Living the unappropriated life is tough business.

Whenever it rains, Kyle gets soaked. No more umbrellas for him. Chinese.

Kyle has stopped binge watching “The Walking Dead” once I mentioned the word for, and the concept of, zombies were appropriated from West Africa.

Kyle was taking a summer math course at the community college. But he dropped out. It was just too hard. His homework was taking all evening. He was doing all his assignments using Roman numerals since Arabic numerals are … well, Arabic.

These days, Kyle doesn’t go out or do much of anything. He was spending the majority of his time in the basement curled up on the futon he'd lugged home from college until someone ~ I'm not going to say who ~ pointed out that futons are Japanese. Now he just spends his waking hours curled up on the floor in a wad of blankets.

Last time I checked on him, he was whimpering quietly to himself. It’s been a rough summer to be Kyle.

Me? Oh, I’m doing fine, thank you very much. I am sitting here (guilt free, mind you) in my Hawaiian shirt, sipping my Tusker lager from Kenya, and listening to Bob Marley.

Life is good. Good, indeed.



















































































Sounds like a winner!








































The Nike advertising campaign using Kaepernick as its latest mascot is creating a storm. To be honest, I began boycotting Nike when they were paying Michael Jordan millions to advertise overpriced sneakers made by slave labour, sometimes killed in factory fires. So this is nothing new. But the step towards putting an avowed Communist and ingrate like this beast into such prominence is a slap to America. In the meantime, parodies of the original advertisement are popping up like mushrooms after rainfall. 



















Nasty wording. Great idea, nasty way to put it.
















They don't seem to get that the KKK were DEMOCRATS!






The humble artist and cake maker.














































































Friggin' terrifying. Surely the artist was joking about promoting integration!


















4 comments:

  1. Good morning, Noor. I enjoyed the one about "Cheer up: old age doesn't last that long." Now that is comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peanut cartoons are brilliant, thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://k003.kiwi6.com/hotlink/1vkqy2ohrr/kenny_patchen_s_sideshow_045.jpg

    A mere 7 decades and giving up already, huh? Did you know there are 60,000 people in Japan over the age of 100? 3 times more per-capita than the USA. That's because they eat over 3 tablespoons of salt every day and lots of fish and seaweed. This guy was 61 when he made this video

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TItmXT8DkM

    and he's a well-known super-busy virtuoso musician (ex-Zappa from the 80s band, lead vocals, keyboards, saxophone & french horn) who only does 20 minutes of exercise a day (high intensity interval training; basically only exercises that make you breathe fast and hard quickly, make you get out-of-breath quickly, lots of quick movement, no need to go out running and breaking legs) which activates natural (HGH) human growth hormone within the body, building muscle and burning fat for 24 hours or more. This is available to both men and women at ANY age. You have to give up or use as little as possible 4 things: refined sugar (replace with maltitol), alcohol (replace with edible THC, edible THC of 30 milligrams and up will give you more of a "kick in the head" than a shot of vodka and with no unhealthy side-effects except possible dizziness if you take too much), nicotine (replace with vaporized cannabis), caffeine (replace with herbal teas).

    Oh and by the way, he could still sing like this at the age of 67 (in 2015):

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNDBcRebqbE

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa1JR-TgPfU

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJArW0fw-MU

    The last tune has Canada in the lyrics. One of my all-time favorites, especially the acoustic guitar solo at the end.




    ~ Negentropic








    ReplyDelete
  4. We shouldn't have to buy our friends with bad trade deals and free military protection" ~ Trump said as he gave BILLIONS to Israel and showed us another lie and will expand Israel for them by attacking Syria (and Iran).

    Yet this blog hasn't a critical thing to say.

    ReplyDelete

If your comment is not posted, it was deemed offensive.