Weekly Report: On Israeli Human Rights
Violations in the Occupied Palestinian
Territory 26 Feb.- 04 Mar. 2009
- A resistance activist and a child were killed in the Gaza Strip and the West Bank.
- The activist was extra-judicially executed by IOF and the child was killed when an unidentified object left by IOF exploded.
- A Palestinian civilian died of injuries sustained during the latest IOF offensive on the Gaza Strip.
- Nine Palestinians, including 5 children and a journalist, were injured by IOF gunfire in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
- IOF aircrafts bombarded targets in the Gaza Strip.
- Intensive IAF air strikes continued on the border between the Gaza Strip and Egypt, forcing local civilians to evacuate the area.
- IOF conducted 31 incursions into Palestinian communities in the West Bank.
- IOF arrested 31 Palestinian civilians, including four children.
- Three houses were transformed by IOF into military sites.
- IOF have continued to impose a total siege on the OPT and have isolated the Gaza Strip from the outside world.
- IOF troops positioned at military checkpoints in the West Bank arrested 4 Palestinian civilians, including one child.
- IOF continue measures aimed at creating a demographic Jewish majority in east Jerusalem.
- IOF demolished two houses in Silwan and Sour Baher villages near Jerusalem.
- IOF have continued settlement activities in the West Bank and Israeli settlers have continued to attack Palestinian civilians and property.
- IOF started to establish an electricity network for Israeli settlements in Hebron.