Sunday 18 December 2011

TODAY'S IMAGE: DECEMBER 18, 2011


They say that, as you get older, memories of your childhood become sweeter and more enticing than when they were actually taking place.  

To be honest, scenes like this comprised a great deal of my younger years and even then I knew the value of what I had.  My earliest memories involve canoes and transporting ourselves and goods to our land and cabin before we had the road blasted in.


Once I remember a frisky breeze blowing my little white hat off my head and watching it sink into waters just the colours above, midnight blue on a bright sunny day. I was no more than 3 at the time. I don't remember if I cried, I loved being in such a craft on the water too much to have had tears for too long I am sure.

Now, so far away in both place and time, it still looks like paradise. A paradise that I am forever grateful to my God for creating and to my father for providing. I know that I am who and what I am, with the ethics I have, are due to just such an upbringing.

Shukran, shukran, shukran Allah. (PBUH)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If your comment is not posted, it was deemed offensive.