Our old friend Robert Halfon (Rob's Blog), a UK Conservative MP who has tabled parliamentary motions on Lockerbie, said Koussa's arrival in the UK was comparable to that of Hitler's lieutenant, Rudolf Hess, during the Second World War.
(Libyan foreign minister Musa Koussa in UK.)
Robert is Political Director of Conservative Friends of Israel.
We assume Rob has done his research on Hess and on Lockerbie
1. Rudolf Hess flew to Scotland in 1941 with Hitler's blessing.
2. Hess was to meet with a faction of British royalty who wanted to arrange peace between Britain and Nazi Germany.
3. Churchill and his faction got to Hess first when his plane landed and locked him up, even though Hess had been guaranteed safe passage by King George VI.
4. It is possible that the Duke of Kent rescued Hess and tried to fly to Sweden to continue secret peace negotiations. Allegedly, the Duke of Kent wanted to see Churchill removed.
5. The Duke's plane crashed approximately two miles from where Hess was kept on the shores of Loch More. Hess may have died in the plane crash. The plane crash may not have been accidental.
Clive Prince wrote:
"Churchill was in a very, very insecure position politically in May 1941. In fact, three days before Hess arrived, there had been a vote of no-confidence in Churchill.
"He didn’t have the support of the aristocracy or the support of MI6 and the King. But the Hess affair basically gave Churchill the opportunity to blackmail his opponents who were involved with the Hess flight into supporting him...
"He also used the Hess flight to ensure that Hitler went ahead with his attack on Russia six weeks after Hess arrived....
"We’re certain that MI6 was totally involved in the Hess affair ~ they weren’t luring him over: they were inviting him over. This was because MI6 were supportive of the idea of ending the War with Germany.
"MI6 saw the real enemy as being Russia. Sir Stuart Menzies ~ the head of MI6 ~ advised Churchill to stay out of things and let the Nazis and the Russians get on with it."
Libya's Colonel Gaddafi, in a speech at the London School of Economics, via a live video-link, alleged that the case against al Megrahi had 'been fabricated and created by Thatcher and Reagan.'
Gaddafi suggested that CIA agents carried out the 1988 Lockerbie Bombing.
(Involved in the stor.y is CIA asset Monzer al Kassar, who reportedly had links to Oliver North and Mohammed Atta. (Monzer al-Kassar - Wikipedia / Madcow Morning News.) The alleged maker of the Lockerbie bomb, Marwan Khreesat, was a Jordanian intelligence service (GID) agent with links to the CIA. (Pan Am Flight 103.)
Was there an attempt to kill al Megrahi?
If all the evidence had been heard in the appeal case, then the world would have got to hear more about Major Charles McKee and heroin.