Prelude: Part II was a thorough deconstruction of the media lies behind the event now known as the “Jerusalem bus stop bombing,” exposing it as a Mossad false flag attack attached to a greater intelligence agenda. It was also a blood-soaked journey through the besieged coastal enclave of Gaza and the latest aggression inflicted upon its populace by the Zionist entity. Operation Phantasmagoria now moves to the occupied Palestinian refugee camp of Jenin, where a towering figure in the solidarity movement recently met his demise under shadowy circumstances...
TRAGEDY ROCKS JENIN YET AGAIN
It was a typical Monday morning in the Jenin refugee camp, located in the north of the Zionist-occupied West Bank. Warm weather was accentuated by the breathtaking geographics, the gorgeous Jordan Valley to the east, the stunning Marj Ibn Amr to the north and the beautiful Samarah Mountains in the south. But this beauty is nothing more than a mere veil. The very fabric of Jenin is stained with blood; scarred with agony the likes of which will never be known by the majority of the world’s dwellers.
It is where Israeli occupation forces launched one of its most murderous operations, besieging Jenin for 13 days straight beginning on April 3rd, 2002 with apache helicopters, bulldozers, tanks and other heavy ground artillery. Paramedics, other medical teams and ambulances were prevented by IOF from entering the camp. Water, sewage, electrical and telecommunications infrastructures were destroyed.
Please read I MADE THEM A STADIUM for the appalling story of Kurdi Bear, sent in by the army, given all the whiskey he could drink, and a tractor. Kurdi went on a 75 hour spree of killing Palestinians on his tractor.
in front of those he loved the most
Born to an anti-Zionist Israeli Jewish mother and a Palestinian Christian father, the slain director’s life was living, breathing politics; an existential struggle. He had served in the Israeli occupation forces, to the dismay and disgust of his father, but when he refused to comply with an order to oppress his father’s family at a checkpoint, he was sent to prison for a year and later dismissed from his “duty.”
Juliano was a dedicated activist who fully supported the BDS (Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions) movement against the Zionist entity (4), a fierce critic of Zionism, hasbara and the Jewish extremism that governs Israeli society (5) and an advocate of the One State Solution, effectively ending Zionism and its apartheid system and granting equal rights to all people in historic Palestine (6). He was a voice of reason, a voice of brutal, unadulterated honesty and a voice of Resistance for the Palestinian people.
Palestine is still crying for its fallen son
Zionist newspapers, typically and disgustingly, blamed Palestinians for the murder though the “investigation” was still under way and as is the case with all instances under Operation Phantasmagoria, no evidence could be found to link Palestinians to the crime (9).
SHADOW WAR PHASE III: ENTER THE DUVDEVAN UNIT
Quite possibly the most chilling aspect of Juliano Mer-Khamis’s murder, is that in April 2009, he predicted his own death after the Freedom Theater was torched. He was being interviewed by the racist Zionist daily newspaper, Ynet, and was being hammered with typical xenophobic questions regarding his Jewishness posing a threat to his life in occupied Jenin. Undaunted by the tactics, Juliano replied firmly and mockingly,
“I have never been as Jewish as I am right now in Jenin. After all this work at the camp, it would be extremely unfortunate to die of a Palestinian bullet (11).”Question: Did Juliano Mer-Khamis “unfortunately die of a Palestinian bullet?”
Answer: Absolutely not. But the assassin and the planners pulling the strings of the assassin certainly intended for it to appear that way.
It has been reported that Qaniri was ‘identified’ by an eyewitness. But if the attacker who shot Juliano to death was masked, it would be totally impossible to attain identification, wouldn’t it? Indeed it would be. There are also conflicting reports as to how many attackers there were: one or two. In reality, despite words of conviction from the Ramallah entity known as the ‘PA’ that it would struggle to find the murderer(s) of Juliano, the killer(s) remain at large because Qaniri has been exonerated after a DNA test solidified his innocence (15).
Zakaria Zubeidi, close friend of Juliano, co-founder of the Freedom Theater and former al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades commander, believed sincerely that the death of his comrade wasn’t a random act of violence, but the work of ‘professionals.’ Zubeidi didn’t mince his words at Juliano’s funeral when speaking to the press,
“The people behind this murder either belong to a powerful organization or a state. This cannot be the work of people who were angry with Juliano or with the theater (17).”
The ‘state’ is the usurping entity of Israel, and the powerful organization within it is the IOF, its intelligence unit to be specific. Immediately prior to the assassination of Juliano Mer-Khamis, Israeli intelligence officers invaded occupied Jenin and ransacked the homes of four residents, handing out detention summons to their family members (18).
The Mistaravim has been highly efficient because it executes its criminality in Arab costume (20).
Recap: Duvdevan invaded Jenin to carry out its daily terrorism against the occupied Palestinian population, with the delighted backing of the PA, and in the midst of raiding homes and handing out imprisonment orders, a Duvdevan officer, in classic Mistaravim ‘masked Arab’ clothing, blasted Juliano in front of his family and left him in front of the Freedom Theater murdered before disappearing.
The PA will never investigate itself, nor will it investigate its Zionist masters. The murderers who planned and executed Juliano’s assassination, i.e. Netanyahu, Barak, IOF Chief of Staff Gantz and Mahmoud Abbas, may remain at large, but their monstrous and subversive behavior is exposed here, and though they most assuredly do not know it, those inspired by Juliano’s righteous commitment to Palestine’s liberation make them pay for their intransigent devilishness with each passing moment.
THE MOTIVE: ZIONISM BENEFITS
Following the tragic death or Juliano Mer-Khamis, multiple committees of anti-apartheid wall activists through the occupied West Bank issued profound statements, identifying who they (rightfully) believed to be behind the killing,
“His death was part of the escalation exercised by the Israeli occupation. We hold the Israeli occupation responsible; it is what permits such horrific acts. The killing of Juliano only serves Israeli interests (27).”
The Zionist entity’s Duvdevan Unit assassinated Juliano Mer-Khamis for three reasons, each one embodying the very purpose of Operation Phantasmagoria’s initiation.
REASON NUMBER ONE:
REASON NUMBER TWO:
.“Jenin will stand high and proud forever, it always has been so anyway (34).”
REASON NUMBER THREE:
“I am 100% Palestinian and 100% Jewish (35).”
It is a concept that embodies peace, love, justice, compassion and equality, all of which are qualities that do not exist in the apartheid system that Israel uses to govern its domestic affairs.Juliano physically represented the idea that Arabs and Jews can live together as one, in harmony, in brotherhood, in defiance of Zionism and its mechanisms of injustice, as it once was prior to Israel’s blood-drenched creation.Juliano represented the inevitability of Zionism’s collapse, the inevitability of historic Palestine’s restoration, the inevitability that equality will triumph over supremacy.Juliano’s declaration represented a rejection of Zionism’s racism and xenophobia, and an embrace of humanity, something that the Zionist entity does not want to spread throughout its society.
Juliano represented the future; a future free of occupation, checkpoints, barbed wire, walls, settlements, restrictions and discrimination.Juliano represented Palestine.
CONCLUSION: JULIANO’S LEGACY
It is not a coincidence that one week before the Duvdevan Unit’s assassination of Juliano Mer-Khamis, the much-anticipated, heavily-praised film “Miral” debuted in the United States. Mer-Khamis’s death drew the world’s attention away from this stunning based-on-a-true-story masterpiece about the tragic everyday existence of life under occupation, the horrors that Israeli forces committed during al-Nakba, the triumph over ethnic cleansing and the courage of Hind Husseini, the legendary Palestinian heroine who rescued 55 children from the streets of al-Quds after the ungodly Deir Yassin massacre.
It is a gripping, heartbreaking, heartwarming autobiographical account written by Palestinian author and journalist Rula Jebreal (36), and it was directed, oddly enough, by Julian Schnabel, the son of ardent Zionists but himself a supporter of the One State Solution (37).
In addition to the brilliance of “Miral,” Juliano has appeared in at least 32 other films and documentaries (38), many of which deal with the Palestinian struggle for unequivocal liberation and the racism within the ethnically cleansed Palestinian establishment now known as ‘Israel.’ His masterpiece, something which he co-wrote, co-directed and also provided the cinematography for, is the award-winning documentary “Arna’s Children,” a genius chronicle documenting the work of his mother, Israeli activist Arna Mer-Khamis, who fought against the Zionist occupation in Jenin by establishing a new education system when IOF shut down the schools.
Juliano Mer-Khamis may no longer be on this plane, but he is still alive in the hearts of any and all who resist the tyranny of Zionism.The real legacy of Juliano Mer-Khamis however, lies within his actions as a human being.He was a tour-de-force personality who stood up for principles of humanity when many around him had no interest in taking on such a ‘burden.’He was a man who simply inspired; there is nothing abyssal or intricate about it.And Juliano Mer-Khamis, will forever remain a child of Palestine.Every April 4th, his sacrifice will be commemorated like those who gave their lives before him.His children will hold their heads high as the flight of condors knowing that their father was a freedom fighter.Zionism’s Operation Phantasmagoria may have taken Juliano’s life, but it did not and will not ever take his spirit.Something temporary can never conquer something everlasting.
Rest in peace Juliano, you will be terribly missed.
~ END OF PART III ~
Operation Phantasmagoria I
Next: The shocking torture and murder of activist, journalist and hero Vittorio Arrigoni in besieged Gaza and the Zionist entity’s assault on the International Solidarity Movement...
(1) The Jenin Refugee Camp Massacre Of 2002: ‘Horrific Beyond Belief’ by Hanan Awarekeh, Political Theatrics
(2) A Remembrance Of Juliano Mer-Khamis by Julian Schnabel, Foreign Policy Magazine
(3) Juliano Mer-Khamis Obituary by Rachel Shabi, The Guardian
(4) In Memoriam: Juliano Mer-Khamis by The Palestinian Campaign for the Academic and Cultural Boycott of Israel (PACBI)
(5) Interview With The Late Juliano Mer-Khamis: “We Are Freedom Fighters” by Maryam Monalisa Gharavi, The Electronic Intifada
(6) Building A Stage For Mideast Peace Before the Final Curtain by Isabel Kershner, The New York Times
(7) Miral's Juliano Mer-Khamis Killed In West Bank by Anna Breslaw, Screenology
(8) Thousands Pay Respects To Slain Activist-Artist Juliano Mer-Khamis by Tania Kepler, Alternative Information Center
(9) Israeli Actor Juliano Mer-Khamis Shot Dead In Jenin by Jack Khoury, Avi Issacharoff and Anshel Pfeffer, Haaretz
(10) Who Killed Juliano And Vittorio? by Ramzi Khoury, Arabisto News and Commentary
(11) Actor Juliano Mer-Khamis Shot Dead In Jenin by Elior Levy, Ynet
(12) The Murder Of Juliano Mer-Khamis by Tony Greenstein
(13) Palestinian Police Charge Former Fighter With Murder Of Israeli Peacemaker by Saed Bannoura, IMEMC
(14) Hamas: Fatah Member Connected To Mer-Khamis Murder by Khaled Abu Toameh, The Jerusalem Post
(15) Killer Of Israeli-Palestinian Director Still At Large by Saed Bannoura, IMEMC
(16) Director Shot Dead Outside Jenin Theater by Ma’an News Agency
(17) Shock In Jenin After Theater Director’s Murder by Selim Saheb Ettaba, Agence France Presse
(18) Israel Summons Jenin Residents For Questioning by Ma’an News Agency
(19) Israeli Army Detains 10 Palestinians Overnight by Ma’an News Agency
(20) The Ethnic Cleansing Of Palestine by Ilan Pappe
(21) Operation Phantasmagoria II: Gaza And Al-Quds, Linked In Blood by Jonathan Azaziah, Mask of Zion
(22) Fatah-Led PA Admits It Tortures Prisoners by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu, Arutz Sheva
(23) Meeting Minutes: Saeb Erekat And David Hale by Al-Jazeera Transparency Unit
(24) Ramallah, Center For Israeli Death Squads? by Kawther Salam, Europa and Palestine News
(25) Duvdevan: Israel’s Most Elite Counter Terrorist Unit by Real Fighting Organization
(26) Brotherhood of Warriors: Behind Enemy Lines With A Commando In One Of the World's Most Elite Counterterrorism Units by Aaron Cohen
(27) Thousands Expected For Commemoration Of Slain Director by Ma’an News Agency
(28) The Thirteenth Tribe: The Khazar Empire And Its Heritage by Arthur Koestler
(29) Ben-Gurion's Scandals: How The Haganah And The Mossad Eliminated Jews by Naeim Giladi
(30) Are Arab Children Less Worthy? by Joseph Massad, Al-Jazeera English
(31) Report: Israel Rounded Up 1,200 Minors Since Start Of 2010 by The Palestinian Information Center
(32) Israel Accused After Palestinian Boys Burned By Mystery Canister by International Solidarity Movement
(33) Family Says Israeli Jailers Poured Boiling Oil On Its Son by The Palestinian Information Center
(34) Jenin, Jenin (Documentary) by Mohammed Bakri, Arab Film Distribution
(35) Strong Legacy Of Israeli Peace Activist by The Guardian
(36) Interview: Rula Jebreal On The Struggle To Make “Miral” A Film by Ali Abunimah, The Electronic Intifada
(37) Julian Schnabel On His “Anti-Israeli” Film by Andrew O’Hehir, Salon
(38) Juliano Mer-Khamis (1958-2011) by The Internet Movie Database
(39) Review: Arna’s Children by Arjan El Fassed, The Electronic Intifada